Thursday 1 August 2019

HACK OF THE DAY 1st AUGUST, 2019

When looking for ideas for cards, many of us use Pinterest, Instagram various blogs and tutorials. unfortunately it gets a bit confusing as they come from various parts of the world and we don't have a global standard cardstock.

Here in Australia, we use "A4" as do New Zealand, UK and Europe.  USA and Canada use "Letter", then to add to the confusion some people use Imperial measurements  others use Metric, this makes following instructions quite difficult.

Personally I'm an Imperial girl, metric gives me a headache, if i am following any instructions rather than tie myself up in a knot, I base everything on the size of the card base and work from there with the layers.

To me, you should be able to get two card bases out of every standard sheet of cardstock, I just cut them in half. Cardstock can be either cut portrait or landscape

Using A4 size, the standard measurement is  8¼ inches x 11¾ inches,  I cut mine:

Portrait: 4⅛ inches x 11¾ inches scored at 5⅞ inches, or

Landscape: 5⅞ inches x 8¼ inches scored at 4⅛ inches.

I then cut the layers in an eight or quarter inch reductions.

Using Letter size, the standard measurement is  8.5 inches x 11 inches,  

Portrait: 4.25 inches x 11 inches scored at 5.5 inches, or

Landscape: 5.5 inches x 8.5 inches scored at 4.25 inches.

I then cut the layers in an eighth or quarter inch reductions.

Now what is all this in Metric?  the standard measurement is  21cm x 29.7cm 

Portrait: 10.5cm x 29.7cm scored at 14.9cm, or

Landscape: 14.9cm x 21cm  inches scored at 10.5cm.

Layers would then be cut in .25 or .5cm reductions.

Have i made this easy or have I  confused you more? obviously this will come up again from time to time.

Talk soon


Sue x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...