Friday 31 May 2019

HUGS FROM SHELLI PAPER PUMPKIN KIT

Here in Australia we had only every been envious of those in North America being able to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin.

It seemed ideal for the novice stamper, a great learning tool, so when we were lucky enough to get to get our hands on one, I have to say at first I was a little disappointed.

I had hoped that it would be something you could give as a gift to someone with no craft experience, but who could follow basic instructions. To start with, no basic instructions and then the sentiments aren't something that a first time stamper may want, whatever happened to a Happy Birthday?.

I have a few customers who have purchased the kit, all are relatively new with limited  supplies, so my initial plan was to make up a set of the cards using only the supplies in the kit to give them a few ideas and options.









But the more I looked at it and thought, the more options I could see to incorporate their limited supplies and come up with many more designs, actually we are having a class doing just that. That will be in a future blog.  So again, I have had a complete change of heart because even though I still believe it's not 100% suitable to just give a first timer as a gift, there's more than enough there to whet the appetite of new stampers.

I really hope that this is the start of things to come here in Australia.

Talk soon

Sue x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...