Saturday 26 January 2019

CRAFTING IS THERAPY AND SHOULD HAVE A MEDICARE ITEM NUMBER


I learnt various crafts in my childhood, over the years I went through phases but it was not until I got into my 40’s that I really started seriously getting involved in crafts.

After losing my Mum & Dad 10 months apart I really dropped my bundle, we’d had a rough few years before this, after Dad it all came to a head, I was not in a good headspace. I needed to get out of the house and my gorgeous husband suggested I go back to crafting.

Having only lived in the area for short a while I had no idea what was available, like most people my first stop was Google, i found two places I could go to locally one being  papercraft (where I discovered Stampin’ Up!) the other  Patchwork and Quilting.

I have found that crafting no matter what it is, is very therapeutic, doing something with your hands, concentrating on something other than your problems and worries and meeting some amazing people, like minded people who help, teach, support and encourage each other  I found My Therapy.

When I first started  going to sewing I met a lovely and talented lady named Dee, sadly not long after, Dee and her family moved, thanks to Facebook we have stayed in touch and I am thrilled to say that Dee has set up an Arts and Crafts Gift Shop on Facebook, for handmade items, Purses, Hair clips, Brooches, Jewellery, Quilts, Oven Mitts, and Pot Holders, cards and much more.

She has just launch  a beautiful range of jewellery she’s calling her resin collection.

These are made with flowers from her own garden which she has dried, embedded in resin, and set in Sterling Silver, just gorgeous..

I’m adding a few photos and there is a link below to take you to her Facebook Page Deanna’s Art, if you are looking for gifts, something handmade, different and definitely beautiful please visit her shop and support her business.

For anyone living in or visiting the Macarthur area of NSW Dee is at the Cobbitty Village Markets the first Saturday of each months starting Saturday 2nd March, 2019

Location


Cobbitty Markets are held in the grounds of Cobbitty Public School, on Cobbitty Road, within Cobbitty village.
Market trading starts at 8am and finishes at 1pm
Cobbitty is easily accessible from the south via Hume Highway, exiting at Narellan Road; from the north via the M7 (from the Hill's District, Hornsby, Central Coast and Newcastle), exiting onto Elizabeth Drive or Cowpasture Road; from the west via the Northern Road; and from Sydney centre and east via the M5.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...