Thursday 17 January 2019

KONMARI METHOD ????


I have been hearing a lot lately about the KonMari method, the latest trend to hit the world. I checked it out, realised my life needs it desperately, so downloaded the book.
It got me thinking, how do these phenomenon’s take off? 

Why do some go viral and others fizzle?

Obviously, many of us are looking for that something else, society is so different from when I was growing up, life is fast and furious, lived via some electronic device that tries to intimidate us to think or feel a certain way, whatever happen to individuality. I’m as guilty of the next person to spending too much time on social media, frighteningly my iPad now tells me how much time I have spent on it, even worse the amount of time of the various apps.

So where a lot of us don’t think we have enough hours in the day, we are actually wasting hours staring at a screen feeling totally inadequate compared to others.

This has to stop, my outlet (which sadly I’ve let slip lately) has been patchwork/quilting and papercraft, both of which I refer to as therapy.

It is well known in medical circles that crafting is good for both our mental and physical health. A blog* I read recently stated “Crafting can help reduce anxiety, improve mood and increases happiness. It is believed that being creative, our brains release dopamine, a natural anti-depressant. It takes concentration and is a non-medical way of getting a feel good high”.

Now that I am taking my Stampin’ Up!  role a lot more seriously, this is an area that I would like to explore, there is no one that can’t papercraft in some way, so I am setting up some of my classes for those people, taking things back to the basics and to follow Stampin’ Up’s Statement of the Heart.

To love what we do and share what we love,
As we help others enjoy creativity
 And worthwhile accomplishments . . .
In this we make a difference!


*Blog: Total Community Care UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...