Sunday 13 March 2022

SCRAPPY SUNDAY 13TH MARCH, 2022

 One of my crafty passions is patchwork & quilting, I'm not the greatest on a sewing machine but I love hand sewing English Paper Piecing, it's something I learnt as a child, so you can imagine how chuffed I was when Stampin' Up! brought out the Beautiful Shapes Dies in the January-June 2022 Mini Catalogue, it was my first purchase and it really suits using scraps, how easy is this one? love it.




My measurements are based on A4 cardstock

  • Cardstock of choice  5 7/8" x  8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8" (14.9cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm)
  • Basic White Cardstock  5 5/8” x  3 7/8” for inside of card
  • Scraps of various colours of cardstock
  • Beautiful Shapes Dies
  • Playful Alphabet Dies
  • Stamp Set of your choice for the sentiment ( I used the Big Wishes Stamp Set)
  • Versamark Ink
  • White Embossing Powder
  • Dimensionals
  • Embellishments 

  

  1.  Die cut 5 x 1 1/2" hexagons in different colours
  2.  Die cut the letters for HAPPY making sure to keep the little accents* for the A & P's
  3.  Using the Versamark Ink and White Embossing Powder, heat emboss he work Birthday in the right-hand bottom corner
  4.  Using dimensionals add the hexagons, again not forgetting those little accents*
  5.  Attach the inside piece
  6.  Add gems

* I know I keep mentioning those pesky little accents but I lost them so I'm speaking from experience.

Hope you like this little card, let me know if you have a go, I’d love to see them

If you have any questions contact me at                                                  sueallensimplycraft@bigpond.com

Take care, stay safe

Sue x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...