Sunday 6 March 2022

SCRAPPY SUNDAY 6TH MARCH, 2022

No matter what craft you do, chances are you’ll have scraps. For me it’s fabric from patchwork, wool from knitting & crocheting and oodles of paper from card making and scrapbooking.

Here we are going to be using paper scraps to make cards, obviously because they are scraps many will be from now retired Stampin’ Up! products, if that is the case I’ll give you an alternative current product if you are interested.

This first one would have to be one of the easiest cards but I think it is very effective and I intend to make more.

 


 

 What you need:

My measurements are based on A4 cardstock

  • Cardstock of choice  5 7/8" x  8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8" (14.9cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm)
  • 2 pieces of Basic White Cardstock  5 5/8” x  3 7/8” (14.3cm x 9.8cm) (one piece is for the front of the cards the other for inside of card)
  • A scrap of co-ordinating Designer Series Paper (DSP)
  • Circles Dies (unfortunately these dies have retired, you need a 3 1//2” circle  easy enough to trace around something and cut it out)
  • Stamp Set of your choice for the sentiment ( I used the Biggest Wish Stamp Set*)
  • Co-ordinating Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Adhesive of your choice (I prefer Tombow Liquid Glue, it seems to work better for me)

  1. Die cut a 3 ½” Circle from the DSP
  2. Attach to the left -hand side of the piece of Basic White, offsetting it so the it goes over the edge
  3. Trim edges 
  4. Stamp sentiment 
  5. Attach to card front 
  6. Stamp sentiment if required for inside card and insert

Finished

How easy was that? If you have enough of the DSP you could add some to the flap of the envelope.

Hope you like this little card, let me know if you have a go, I’d love to see them

If you have any questions contact me at                                                  sueallensimplycraft@bigpond.com

Take care, stay safe

Sue x

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...