Wednesday 25 March 2020

BUZY HANDS CRAFTERS



Each day this world gets crazier, so we need to support each other more than ever.

A while back I set up a group for swaps and challenges, we got quite a few members but not a lot of participation so I eventually archived the page.

I have decided to reopen it and I hope you will all join.

I craft for therapy, It’s a well know fact that craft is one of greatest medical aids, from children to the elderly.

The world is going through a horrific time and who thought a week ago we would all be housebound, my plan is to declutter my house, do all the Spring (Autumn) cleaning, but I know I need more than that and that’s were my crafting comes in. I have a few plans and will probably come up with more as the time goes on.

The crafting community is already amazing but there is more that can be done, many people are isolated, live alone, are at home because of school closures etc. we need to support each other, so please join the Facebook group Buzy Hands Crafters.

What I would like to see:

1.   Your projects, show off your work, post your projects to the page and inspire others.

2.   Comment (politely) on other members posts, make new friends.

3.   Each Monday I will post a cardmaking challenge, this could be a colour challenge, subject challenge, sketch challenge, every now and then we may have a prize. You may have some challenge suggestions, please send them to me.

4.   For those of us who are Demonstrators, you may have some ideas of what we can do for our customers during this time.

5.   This really can be for anything you like (legally and within reason)

Earlier this year I started a Group asking for people to make and donate cards to support Coasties Drought Aid, I will add my post for that to the file section, if you are interested in helping please join that group as well. Cards for Coasties Drought Aid

Sadly due to the current crisis Coasties Drought Aid has suspended its services for the immediate future, however when this passes and it will and we are all back to our normal lives (as normal as we can) I would like to have cards ready to send out, so please read the file and if you can make some cards, put the aside for when we need them.

There are other options for the cards you make at the moment, Random Act of Kindness cards can be sent to nursing home residents, essential service workers who are doing it tough at the moment, the medical profession, there are lots of people out there that need to know they are supported and cared for.

Some people who are not used to being at home may need some suggestions as to what they can do for the coming weeks, ok I’m decluttering but that’s not going to take 100% of my time. Let’s give people some ideas.

Some of you may think this is a stupid post, but I personally know some people who needs this sort of contact , we need to support and encourage each other, so I’m giving it a go and I hope you will come on board.

Please follow the Government warnings take very good care, talk soon.

Cheers

Sue 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...