Monday 27 April 2020

ALWAYS REMEMBERED


I really can't get enough of the Peaceful Poppies Suite, I do voluntary work for RSL NSW and as the poppy is the symbol for remembrance, I get to use this suite often.

Poppies are used to remember those who have given their lives in battle, it is because they are the flowers which grew on the battlefields after World War One ended. This is described in the famous World War One poem In Flanders Fields.

I made this card to send to a friend for Anzac Day, as always its a very simple card.



I layered a piece of the Peaceful Poppies DSP onto a piece of Old Olive cardstock, which I then layered onto a Basic Black card base. The frame is from the Painted Label Dies, I actually used two of the dies, the frame and then the edging. 

I usually leave a ¼ inch border between layers but as the DSP is so gorgeous I wanted to make it the focal point so my borders are ⅛ inch. 

Full details of the products used are below, to order any of them click on 
SHOP NOW to go my 24 hour on line store.

If you would like a copy of the new 2020-2021 Annual catalogue which is being release shortly please email me your details to sueallensimplycraft@bigpond.com.

If you would like to receive my weekly Newsletter, please complete the subscription form and as a thank you I will send you a free tutorial to a card project.

Please use this code with orders under $250.

Stay safe, talk soon
Sue x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...