Monday 15 November 2021

CHRISTMAS IS COMING

                                             

Having spent over four months in lockdown I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone. I have always wanted to be organised for Christmas, I send a lot of cards overseas and each year say I want them sent off by 1st December, does that ever happen? No, I have been known to actually send them between Christmas and New Year and hope people think they were held up in the post.

 

This year has to be different, thanks to the whole Covid thing the post is badly affected so I will have to get them off by the 1st. I’m thrilled to say I only need about another 10 and I have them all done, a total first for me, so over the next couple of weeks I thought I would Blog a card a day with a tutorial, to get me back in the swing of things.

 

As you know most of my cards are very simple, today’s card is very simple and so effective I think, I cased this from US Demonstrator Connie Stewart.

 

The Designer Series Papers from Stampin’ Up! are so gorgeous they can be used as the main feature of a card and that is certainly the case with this card.



 


My measurements are based on A4 cardstock and are in imperial measurements

Card base Basic White Cardstock 5
7/8" x  8 1/4" scored at  4 1/8"

Card front Smoky Slate Cardstock 5 3/4” x 4”

Peaceful Place DSP 5 1/2” x 3 6/8”

Inks : Smoky Slate

Happy Holly-Days Stamp Set (for sentiment)

Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Glue Dots

Smoky Slate Ribbon

This DSP is beautiful, there are a couple of pages that like this in the photo can stand alone on a card.     

  • Stamp sentiment onto the DSP
  • Wrap ribbon around card, I added the bow separately using a glue do
  • Attach DSP to card front
  • Attach card front to base
  • Stamp sentiment inside the card  all done, quick, easy and beautiful


I’ll be back tomorrow with another card so hope to see you then.

I will be adding other Christmas things to my Facebook page if you would like to check that out https://www.facebook.com/sueallenstampin

If you live in Australia and don't already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator I would love to help you. For the link to my 24-hour online store click here.
 
Take care, stay safe

Sue x


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...