Thursday 28 November 2019

TO SCRAPBOOK OR NOT TO SCRAPBOOK

Anyone in my age group will remember the scrapbooks of old. Large paper backed books, more like an exercise book than one you would read.

The pages were like butchers paper and you cut things out from  magazines etc and pasted the into the book usually with some sort of claggy paste.

Things have come a long ways since then,I know you can still buy that sort of  scrapbook but us scrapbookers now want something much more arty farty, a real piece of art that can be handed down from generation to generation.

I discovered Scrapbooking about 12 years ago, I was told it was a very relaxing hobby, I was impatient and it was time consuming and a lot of the layouts only had one photograph, with the number of photos I had and wanted to scrap I would have needed an extra room for the books alone.

About 5 years ago, I discovered pocket scrapbooking, for a little while I was hooked on that  and tried the Project 365,taking a photo everyday and scraping it,  I think I manged about 6 months. It was a great way to get photos in albums but it wasn't very arty and I need something arty.

So I now combine both forms of scrapooking, though I am way, way behind. Not that I make New Years Resolutions, but if I did, getting as much scrapped as I can would be mine for 2020.

Sadly there are many people like me, who don't have children or anyone to pass them down to, but for me I have two reasons why I want to scrapbook:


  1. My Now
  2. My Future
That probably sounds silly but...............

My now: gives me a creative outlet

My future: is that when I am older and maybe unable to do things or remember and will have something I can look back on. As I said it probably sounds silly but the mind is an amazing thing and lovely memories can bring us joy no matter how old we are or what our situation is. 


Take care, talk soon


Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...