Monday 11 November 2019

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM - LEST WE FORGET

Having been born and raised in England (I left when I was 13) , the 11th November, has been a very significant day each year.

After four years of war at 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns on the Western Front fell silent.

Today we commemorate 101 years since this day has gained special significance. The moment when hostilities ceased on the Western Front became universally associated with the remembrance of those who had died in the war. 

I will be attending a the Remembrance Service at the Cenotaph in Sydney tomorrow, remembering the fallen and also my Dad who served in the British Army in Burma alongside the amazing Gerkha's, thankfully he came home. 

I received a surprise  "Because I can Present" the other day, a friend sent me a very special poppy to wear tomorrow which I will do with pride.




As I said in an earlier blog, I'm not really into poetry but I do have a few favourites and this is one of them

IN FLANDERS FIELD
BY JOHN MCCRAE

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

        In Flanders fields.

LEST WE FORGET

This is the card  i will be sending to say Thank You, I hope she like it.



Please subscribe to my Newsletter by adding your email address to the subscription box on the right-hand side and then you will  receive a free tutorial.

Take care, talk soon

Sue x
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them x

STAND ALONE DIES BLOG HOP SEPTEMBER, 2022

Welcome to my small part in the Stand Alone Dies Blog Hop, this was certainly a challenge most die sets I own have a matching stamp set. The...